Week 2 Day 2
I am in a good mood this morning. Feeling a little meh about the overcast weather, but all in all, I can't complain. Just hoping the weather improves by this evening so I can make my walk around the lake, again.
I am happy to report that in the last 10 days, I have walked around the lake 5 times and road my exercise bike twice - with every intention of working out again tonight. So that makes 8 out to 10 days! YEAH ME! That is a lot more devotion to being fit than I have shown in quite some time. And I am doubly happy to report that between my food and fitness goals, when I stepped on the scale this morning it was a smaller number! Whoop whoop!
But, what makes me the most proud of myself is the "self talk" I did this morning. I was feeling icky about a Dr. visit (another story for another post) and feeling defeated. At that very moment - I told myself: DO NOT let this derail you. YOU can do this. And nothing can stop you.
I did NOT stop at Starbucks. I did NOT stop for a bagel or pastry. I went to work and I ate my healthy breakfast I packed and made a cup of coffee as I started reading my emails . I did it! I stopped and shifted my thinking... just like that "Break Free of Negativity" card I have in front of me says. I just might be teachable. LOL
Chris is now on board. It took him a little longer to be ready, but he is now. He started his own routine of exercise. Some is with me - the walking at the lake and such. But, he has his guy stuff, too. I am trying not to be all militant about the meal stuff, but rather supportive and offer suggestions to curb the calories but still feel satisfied. It's easier with him on board now.
We have Schwan's delivery... it comes tomorrow night. Normally, it includes some ice cream bars for him, but he said he didn't need them. :-) I am happy he is ready. Our order was mostly veggies...and no treats.
Every little change we make will add up to a big difference!
On a totally different note, I got a killer deal at Kohl's. There is a Groupon Coupon code for 20% off clearance (CODE: CLEARANCE20) and I had some Kohl's cash. I ended up getting Vinny 6 pairs of pants and a cute onesie for $2.55 (shipping included). THAT deserves an applause! I saved $84!
AND! On the Vinny front, he is getting closer and closer to saying new words. I am fairly certain we have banana "nanana" and I love you "wa wuv wu" or something like that...this "dis" and that "dat". He is copying sounds more, which my absolute fav is "whoah". He makes me giggle.
That is all for now...
MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!
Dee
No comments:
Post a Comment