Week 3 for me! Whoop whoop!
The weekend was good - successful goal-wise. Friday I skipped exercise, though. I felt guilty as heck but I was just exhausted that day and didn't want to (I need to work on that guilt thing...that's for another day). But, come Saturday and Sunday, it was back on track. We walked around Lake Nokomis both days - it was really nice out and felt good, too! The walk is much easier - might be time to increase the distance or speed.
Tried a few new things this weekend. First was a gluten free pizza (no dough). It was one made with low fat cream cheese and eggs. While it's not a full trade for the real-deal, it really did satisfy the pizza-taste craving. I think I will try this recipe again and use fat free cream cheese and egg whites only to see if it still works. That would cut the calories and fat content a bit more. But, all in all, it was a low carb, high protein alternative that was delicious.
The next new thing was Morning Star Crumbles. These were very surprising to me. It's been a while since I have tried meat alternatives and let me tell you... they are a LOT different and much better than years ago. If you haven't tried them and you are looking for some meat replacements, this is a great brand.
Sticks and stones may break my bones... but at least they will heal.
Lies are a whole other story. I don't know how to heal from lies. What's more, I don't even know that I know if I am being told the truth or being lied to...again.
Why is lying easier?!?
I am doing my best to just realize that some relationships will never be what I hoped they would be or what I believed them to be. It's hard to resolve that in my heart. But, regardless of how long that process takes, I am still devoting to my goal of not getting pulled in or wound up in the drama.
And finally, I am looking for a good church to attend. Been looking off and on for years, but never settled on one or found the right place for me. But, recently, I have been thinking about it more and more. I am not really fond of traditional religious services and teachings, especially those that are fear based. I think I found one near home that is close to something I will like... I am going to attend a few weeks to get a feel for the place. Neither Chris or I have been big church-goers; but I really would like Vinny to have the early teachings to help him in his life. Even if I haven't gone to church services, I do believe... and I do pray... and I do have faith. I want him to have those things, too.
And church just might be a great place to meet more people in our neighborhood. I really liked the services at Speak the Word in Golden Valley, but it's just so far of a drive for regular attendance. The one I am looking at in Bloomington is Evergreen Church. They have a few churches around town... in Bloomington, New Hope, Lakeville, and The Rock and Urban Refuge. From face value it looks nice. I'll let you know how it goes!
Today - I have one contract to write, I have packed a healthy lunch and snack, I did not go to Starbucks and have not had any fast food (still). I plan to either walk or ride bike tonight for exercise. And I vow not to get involved in the family drama.
Wishing you all a magnificent Monday!
Make it a great one!
Dee
No comments:
Post a Comment