Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Benchmarks and Starbucks!




I know they are missing me...and I them, but between not going to Starbucks and only allowing one restaurant visit every two weeks... my pocketbook is MUCH happier!  I actually wish I had decided to do this a long time ago.  I told myself I could have one drink as a reward for making it a full month - and you'd have thought I would have run out first thing this morning.  But, nope... I am good. And I sort of like having a drink in my back pocket -so to speak- for when I really want one.  But, I am not wasting it on a "just cuz I can" moment.  :-)  I am super proud of this achievement.  
Last night Chris and I worked out at Planet Fitness again.  I did the 30 minute circuit and another 10 minutes on the elliptical machine.  Lemme tell ya... I WAS SORE by the time I got home.  But, not feeling as horrible today and I imagine a few more workouts on the weights and this pain will ease up.  But, for sure... I really don't want to go through this phase again.  I really don't.  I pray I have the willpower and determination to keep up with fitness and healthy eating for good.  I am trying to make it a way of life. 
In doing so, I have been tracking my caloric intake for 3 weeks now and loosely based it off of weight watchers points system.  But, I was curious how my daily goal measured up with my long term weight loss and subsequently how I would adjust for maintenance down the road. In looking on line, I found this great tool.  Calories Required to Lose Weight It breaks it down by your bio-metrics and your weight loss goal.  Take a peak.  It's very helpful!  
On a closing note...It's a beautiful day today - I worked from home, so I got to watch Vinny playing outside with Linda through the window... he is so darn cute! I am truly blessed.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!  
Dee





   


Good day, Ladies!  

First and foremost...I have something to celebrate!  

Today marks a full month since my last Starbucks!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment