Monday, September 15, 2014

Look in the mirror...




It's Monday again... yikes time is just going!  

I wasn't ready for the weekend to be over - or maybe it's that I wasn't ready to be back to work.
The weekend was good, busy - but good.  To be honest, we did so much and I was so exhausted, I can hardly piece it all together as to which day we did what!

There was a walk around Nokomis and a workout at Planet Fitness in there - I worked my on-call job at the Group Home for 1/2 the day on Saturday...and did quite a bit of household jobs and chores around our place on Saturday and Sunday.  I sort of felt like if I stopped moving I would fall asleep (which I did once) so just kept on moving!  I must have burned a thousand calories!

We had "treat night" on Friday and went to Panda Express for dinner.  It was delicious, but to be honest, I felt sickeningly full after eating. Not so sure it was worth the splurge.  But, nonetheless, was back on track for Sat and Sun... :-)  Today, though I felt like I was starving this morning.  I nearly ate my lunch for a second breakfast... not sure what that was all about?!?!

I am looking forward to going to Planet Fitness with Chris again tonight.  The weights felt great, though I was quite sore by the end of the evening yesterday.  I am sure it'll be a few more days before my body gets used to this routine.  They have a 30 minute circuit - which was great then I finished up with some time on an elliptical machine.  I think I will do the same tonight.

It's hard to keep plugging away and not see the scale move for a few days.  I know there are a dozen possible  reasons for this... but that doesn't change the fact that I want my number to be smaller or that I can slide into a smaller pair of jeans.  Some people just seem to be able to eat what they want, not have to work out very often and they are just naturally slender.  Me, on the other hand... if I look at that pizza, candy or other yummy goodness for a second too long - BAM - I have gained a pound! I seriously try not to compare myself to others, but rather just make healthy changes and challenge myself to reach my own goals.  It's just easier said than done.

Not a whole lot else going on with me right now... same stuff, different day.  This week I am setting my fitness goal to be a minimum of 40 minutes per day (upping it from 30).  I am maintaining my healthy eating goals - but trying to amp up the fruits and veggies.  I have the protein thing down - no prob.  But, I think I need to incorporate more f's and v's. Other than that, I have about 5 contracts I'd like to get routed at work... that is going to take some focus.

Wish me luck!
MAKE IT A GREAT DAY -
Dee







No comments:

Post a Comment