Back to it...
Let's start this off with the best of the best!
Braden, Vinny and Carson at Joe and Jessica's wedding this last weekend. Look at my little man! These little cousins were so much fun to watch together...and they are all little loves...got a good dose of lovin'!
The wedding was really nice and the visit was much better and much more enjoyable than I had worked up in my head. The people I didn't want to interact with much were quite respectful or not even there! It was lovely to see my Auntie's and cousins...some I haven't seen since Ashley's wedding. My Mom looked beautiful....however she was caught smoking, so I am a little miffed about that. But... seriously, all in all it was a nice day. The hardest part was saying "goodbye" to Allison. She is now back home from her summer with us. Lots of emotions and worries... I am praying everyday for her strength and her perseverance to be better... to be stronger...to break cycles. She is one strong little lady and I know she will... I just hope her road is smoother this year. And I hope their home and hearts start to truly heal. They need a happy home.
With that said... I got this in my email today:
Your Lighten Me Up
|
TODAY, I am aware of my feelings.
Feelings aren't right and they aren't wrong: They just are. When you simply acknowledge your feelings, it goes a long way toward not eating about them or eating them away.
|
Now, if you know me...on any level, you know I have struggled with emotional eating for my entire life. One way or another. This message was perfectly timed. I will not "feed" my emotions. I made it through a tough week without losing track of my goals or giving in to the urge to binge on naughty foods. And, sadly, I am not preggers again this month, so there is that hormonal rollercoaster on top of it all!!! But, I still made it! I am now on day 2 of my 2nd week of this journey - and looking forward to when I don't count the days or weeks and it just "is". But, for now, I need to celebrate my success and I am counting each and every day I make it through better and healthier.
Diet and exercise are on point. Ohhhh and it's been 17 days of NO STARBUCKS! Seventeen. That is huge. My choices there were for the most part pretty healthy. But, the financial impact and the compulsion to go there were not good for my goals. This money can go towards our future.
Now... I will close with this - I shared this on Facebook, too... so sorry if it's a repeat for some of you. But, it's so worth it. I "get" this.
Make it a great day!
Dee
|

No comments:
Post a Comment