I am ready for it, though - good thing, too, cuz it's already here whether I was or not.
The weekend trip back to Hibbing a.k.a. H Town was good. Much better than anticipated. I am happy more of that has been happening recently...things turning out better than I expected. I think it is due in part because of my frame of mind and the decision to let drama affect me the same as I used to. It sort of makes me feel a little cold in my responses or distant - but all in all, I am able to handle that feeling much better than the ickiness that comes with being in the midst of the drama.
I am really happy we got to spend much of the weekend with my nieces and nephews - not all of them, but a good handful of them. We did some shopping, a tour of Hibbing, hanging out and doing a lot of laughing. I love these little people to the moon and back. Staying at my brother and sister-in-law's house was so peaceful, too! They live on the edge of town and on a nice plot of land. It was really nice. Vinny was a bit more of a handful to keep an eye on an out of trouble because all of their kids are teens, now...so there was LOTS of fun stuff for him to explore and get into. But, he loved it! He especially loved their dogs. He was thrilled to pet and bug Hunter, who is a chubby beagle, and was really intrigued and excited by Gunner who is black lab. Much bigger than Vinny, so I think he was a little scared of Gunner, too. It was really cute to watch him around them.
For the most part other than some walking around up in North Hibbing at the Hull Rust Mine - there wasn't much in the way of exercise this weekend. So, we are planning to hit Nokomis Lake this evening for a walk. Back on track!
| I felt a little like this kid on Sunday! |
So onto this week! I am excited to see a few friends this week... I have a lunch date with an old co-worker who I miss dearly. And on Saturday, I have plans to just hang with another close friend. No specific plan, just be together. I really like those kind of plans! :-) I hope to catch up with many more of my dearies over the next month.
Whatever you decide to do this week... I hope you decide to make it a great one!
Dee
PS. Updating with today's tip email message cuz it's a good one!
Your Lighten Me Up
Health Tip of the Day
|
TODAY, I put on my own oxygen mask first.
This flight attendant suggestion is a great policy for life. You must take care of yourself first so you can then care for the others in your life better. |
No comments:
Post a Comment