Thursday, September 11, 2014

No more excuses!





Happy Thursday!

Last night I had a great time visiting with a couple friends at a Thirty-One Party - we (Linda and I) didn't get home until after 9:00, we almost immediately settled in to watch an episode of Lost. Cozied up on the couch - and BAM!  I remembered that I hadn't exercised yet for the day.  


Now, typically, this would result in a resignation that "it ain't happening now" and a push off until "tomorrow".  But, I didn't let that happen, because I KNOW darn well that "tomorrow" could lead to a few "tomorrow's" and then I am back at square one.  So, what did I do??

I got up - and while watching the episode - did some strengthening exercises with my 5lb weights and after the episode, I did a 20 minute bike ride.  I did NOT skip exercising and for that alone, I am proud of myself. 

Today, I work both jobs.  At first I was thinking: How am I supposed to fit in a workout?  I will be so tired by the end of the night!  But, then I realized, I also work both jobs tomorrow and if I use this as an excuse today, what stops me from using it tomorrow, too!  Well, folks, "tomorrow" never comes. TODAY does.  Every tomorrow is a TODAY.  So, I am going walk outside here at work during my lunch break.  I brought my little wrist weights to use while walking and I am NOT skipping.  

So - NO MORE EXCUSES! I am trying!

I hope you make your day a great one!
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment