\
DAY 3 -
So, last night after work we went to Lake Nokomis... Linda, Vinny and I rented a Surrey to bike around in... Well... they aren't as "fun" as you might think. But, they are a great work out! My face is red... cuz this was after going around the entire "little" lake and "big" side. My butt, thighs and abs hurt like hell last night, but today I'm not feeling too bad. :-)
I made it "diet-wise" without issue yesterday - I didn't feel "hangry" either. Here are few things I am choosing to do for my "diet" - any additional suggestions, things you do or ideas are more than welcome, please share! I think I have the comments section enabled below:
- Low fat (not fat free)- I am cutting back to skim milk only... no more whole milk or creamers... sigh.
- Low sugar, but also trying to reduce artificial sweetener use. I can't/won't give it up entirely, cuz I like some things too much... like Crystal Lite and Sugarfree Hazelnut syrup for my coffee.
- High protein - switching out to leaner choices, too!
- Dinners with at least 50% veggies
- Cutting out bread - bread will be treated like a treat and on occasion. I am going bunless. I think I will reserve my bread use for something like a peanut butter and honey sandwich. Also trying to pick whole grains vs. processed stuff.
- Cutting down pasta, potatoes and rice to smaller portions. Only letting them be about 1/4 my meal vs. 1/2. Going without if the rest of the meal is substantial enough.
- Candy is earned. Candy is limited. Candy is moderated by my sister-in-law. I cannot buy candy when I am alone. I cannot eat candy without her knowing. She is my candy dealer...errr..ummm.. my candy coach. LOL I have picked Lindt truffles for my treat. I earn them by doing at least 30 minutes of exercise. If I don't earn them SHE gets to eat my treat. (Oh hell no!) So, yeah, I am going to exercise. LOL I "heart" candy. A LOT.
- Water - I am drinking more plain water. I am aiming for 96 oz per day of plain water.
- Cream of Wheat, Oatmeal and the occasional granola bar or protein (meal replacement bar) are allowed.
- Not eating in my car. Period.
- Starbucks is a treat - on occasion - not a routine.
- Fast food is out for the most part - I am not going to pretend it's going to be given up entirely, because our life just doesn't always allow for it... BUT, I am going to make wise choices and pick better options. This is not going to be a weekly thing or anything... it is for emergency use only.
I am not eliminating anything entirely. And well... truth be told...Elmo (friend of ours...) makes some killer mac and cheese and he's coming over on Thursday so... yeah. I plan to exercise a little more to earn that... I mean, seriously... you can't pass up this guys mac!!! :-)
Tonight - I want to go for a walk again - the weather is just gorgeous! I hope you find time in your day to enjoy it!
Make it a great day!
Dee

No comments:
Post a Comment