Morning Ladies!
It's day 4 and I haven't cheated myself. Can I get an "AMEN"?!?!?
I almost forgot to bike last night, but pulled it off at around 9:30, but I did it! 8.1 milesAnd I got my delicious silky chocolate goodness as my reward... I savored that little sucker like nobody's business! It makes me almost look forward to my next bike ride! HAHAHA! Yes, yes, indeed. I will workout for chocolate. I think that might possibly be another solid 10% of my "why pie". I am a foodie. I love food. I plan my next meal or treat as I am eating my current one... I suppose this is cool as long as I can figure out how to make it a motivator vs. my defeater.
And this morning I shopped for some other good grocery choices and found that I really really like this Greek yogurt. I am happy I gave it a try! It's yummy, low in sugars and a high in protein, too! Other items I added to my list so I have some healthy options are: Progresso Light soups, hummus, carrots, reduced fat Triscuits, Laughing Cow & low fat string cheese. I am really trying to refocus my inner foodie and make her realize that healthier choices can be delicious.

And then... I came across a little laminated card from a workshop I attended. Now, the presenter, herself was a bit quirky in my opinion, but her message was a good one; when you start thinking or saying the "useless" types of phrases, stop yourself and shift your thinking. It was about breaking free from negative self-talk and self sabotage.
Now that I found this and have been reminded of it...I can put it into action as part of my self-improvement crusade! I hope you find it helpful, too.
We are all in control of our own lives in so much as how we choose to react to our circumstances, surrounding, other people and such is truly up to us. I am hopeful that the use of this blog, the relationships I have with my husband, family and friends and the strength I gain with each successful day that passes will guide me down the path of great healthy and happiness.
Today is a great day!
Dee
Successes so far this week:
No stops at Starbucks
No unearned candy
No eating in my car
No family drama - or at least I haven't gotten involved.
Exercise has been good!
Food choices have been good!
and I still get to make that date with my hubby! :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment