I don't know.
Maybe because inside I am angry, disappointed and sad about so many things that are hard to ignore or pretend don't exist.
Maybe because I am disappointed in myself for not keeping to my "plan" on working out or eating healthy.
Maybe because I am just simply overwhelmed by life.
I don't know how to be "fake". And it's getting harder and harder to maintain some friendships and relationships when I just can't bring myself to smile and nod any longer.
And you could say... Season, Reason, Lifetime.
You know... the different types of friendships a person has.
...and you could say family is family. The good, the bad and the ugly.
I am just stuck in a place where I have to redefine my boundaries and my heart's map.
The sucky part is that some friendships I really believed to be "lifetime" aren't.
The closeness I once counted on with some family and friends wasn't or rather isn't real. It was the facade they put on it and I believed. So, truth is - I am not in the mood to blog or be "healthy" or exercise or anything other than hide away with my little family in my home.
I hate my new reality.
It hurts.
I am who I am. Regardless of which environment you find me, which people I am with. I don't have different "Dee's" for different people. You all get a fairly common version of me... depending on the strength of our relationship, some get more of me than others, but not a different me. I don't morph into a different person with a different story for different audiences. I am simply...Dee.
I hope those who value me as their friend or family know this about me.
For my New Year's resolution, I think I need to figure out how to not feel guilty for being me.
No comments:
Post a Comment